Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lights on the Bay flicker and shine.

My sister pulled up to her parking spot that over looked the city. I took a swift move out of the car and was on my way down the stairs to her house. But, something caught my eye. In the past week I haven't really noticed the view she has until tonight.

My eyes widened. The twinkling lights danced on the bay. I could see the fog in the city. A breeze rushed by me and made me shiver. I pulled my jacket closer to me. I couldn't take my eyes of the city. All the color, the beauty, the sounds, everything rushed into me in that one moment. I closed my eyes. I realized right there at that second that this is where I am meant to be. I realized that there are people in that city right now that are going to be with me for the rest of my life, people that will be my best friends. The person I could marry might be there. Is he thinking of me like I do him? My future job, house, everything is in this city. All of these thoughts rushing in my mind like rush hour.

I opened my eyes. It had only been a second. My sister had not noticed that I completely fell in love, and found my home in under 2 and a half seconds. I walked behind her down the steps. Looking at my future city that danced on the bay reflecting back at me. I sighed.

San Francisco. You're a wonder in my eyes and you always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment